Poop and Your Digestive Health
In general, many people feel funny talking about bowel movements, but it such a strong indicator of digestive health. Maybe you prefer to refer to this subject as a bowel movement, or maybe poop, so to make everyone reading this feels comfortable we will switch back and forth to cover everyone!!!
You may think that if you are moving your bowels every day that all is well when it comes to your digestion, but this may not be the case. There are a number of areas to consider when we talk about your bowel movements. So let’s move through (no pun intended!) those points.
* Many people think that if they are pooping once a day, then they are all set. One bowel movement should be a minimum, with two or three being the ideal.
* When it comes to the ideal color, to show optimum health, you want to see a walnut brown color.
* Those bowel movements that are like pebbles are not ideal. You want your bowel movement to resemble the length of a banana.
* Constipation – not good! When you eat a meal, from the time you start eating to the time the foods exits your body through a poop, it should be less than 24 hours.
* You know those really smelly poops. Not good. Odor free is the best odor for a bowel movement for your nose! And of course to display good bowel health.
* The actual bowel movement should be painless and not take a long time to exit your body. A couple of minutes should be enough time.
When it comes to poop it’s important to be aware of all of the points mentioned above. Proper nutrition, exercise and living a healthy lifestyle all aid in having a digestive system that works properly. And certainly colon hydrotherapy is one of the components that can help your poop be all it can be!! ☺
If you would like to discuss this topic further, and how it pertains to your health, please contact me at Contact Us.